Sightlines unveiled


Read all about it! Read all about it!

The catalog for the "Sightlines" show is out just in time for the inaugural event in Houston, TX this week.

About a year ago, fourteen artists were invited to create an installation of artworks featuring a sightline linking all the work in the exhibit. Each artist chose her own theme and created anywhere from five to eight artworks, including four 8x8" linking pieces, covering a total of ten feet in width each.

Visit the above link to read the curator's statement, view all the artwork and to keep abreast of venues where it will be displayed.

Photographer Gregory Case took this photo of my piece for the show's catalog. Click on it to enlarge. I am so very pleased with this representation of my work - thank you, Gregory.

"TENSION"

If you see it in person, let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

Just ordered it. Cana't wait to see what you all did!!

Fulvia said...

Thanks Gerrie. You won't be disappointed in the catalog--it is excellent. Wait until you see the centerfold! ...

Gayle Pritchard said...

Nice piece, as always, Fulvia. The colors look a little different than what I have seen historically. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

I just saw it in Houston. Very impressive. I love your piece. The entire installation was wonderful.Lyn Wolf Jackson

Fulvia said...

I appreciate your note, Lyn. Wish I had been a fly on the wall! Thanks for stopping by.

Sylvia said...

a beautiful piece in real life with so many details viewed up close. It has a sense of place and serenity. There is a small problem with the sleeve and hanging mechanism--I don't know if it is the rod used or how it is hung but I think maybe the sleeve might be not quite straight in the back on the left side. I wanted very badly to take a look but of course I was not white gloved.

Fulvia said...

Sylvia, thank you very much for taking the time to offer feedback. I am looking into the hanging issue; I am glad the piece spoke to you. Thanks for writing.